HOW SPOT™ WORKS

How to use spotmyuv™

1. STICK TO SKIN


Use the triangular tab to apply SPOT to an area you're worried about UV exposure

2. COVER WITH SUNSCREEN


Let the sunscreen absorb into SPOTMYUV for 30 seconds before rubbing fully in

3. EXPOSE TO SUN


Face the sticker to direct sunlight for 1 minute. Apply more SPF and repeat if SPOT does not turn clear. May take longer to change clear on a cloudy day

4. WATCH FOR PURPLE & REAPPLY

Rated for 12 hours or 6 reapplications of sunscreen. Always follow the directions of your sunscreen & dermatologist

EXPOSURE SCALE

SPOT™ starts purple and turns clear when you're protected. SPOT™ will change colours multiple times throughout the day to indicate your protection. You only need to use one per day, but make sure to replace after each day's use.

FULLY PROTECTED

Once SPOT™ is clear, apply an even coat of sunscreen on all exposed skin

PARTIALLY PROTECTED - APPLY MORE SUNSCREEN

If SPOT™ is not fully clear, use more sunscreen and be sure you're in direct sunlight. Any shade of purple means its time to reapply. Different purple shades represent different amounts of UV and cloud coverage

NOT PROTECTED

Any shade of purple means its time to reapply. Different purple shades represent different amounts of UV and cloud coverage

As your sunscreen wears off, SPOT™ changes colour to remind you to reapply.

You may learn that you should be using more sunscreen than you usually do!

What are spots™ made of?

SPOTMYUV™ is made up of four layers: 

1. dermaTRUE: A patented SPF sensing layer. dermaTRUE acts just like your skin, which enables the sticker to sense the same differences between SPFs, waterproof formulations, activities, UV levels, etc. just like your skin does. 

2. UV Sensing Ink: Our non-toxic dye turns purple in UV light. This dye only senses light, which is why we say SPOTMYUV is solar powered. When you apply sunscreen and face SPOT to sunlight, the UV Sensing Ink recognizes that you have applied enough SPF and it turns clear.

3. Image Layer: Our image layer where we can print various graphics for use with brands or children. Coming soon!

4. Swim-Proof Adhesive: Our hypoallergenic and waterproof adhesive lasts all day. Our stickers have been tested by collegiate athletes in and outside the water to make sure they last all day yet remain kid-friendly to peel off. It's really quite amazing - your first experience will leave a lasting impression!

CLINICALLY PROVEN

3rd PARTY CLINICAL TRIALS

The clinician applies 8x SPOTMYUV stickers & sunscreen onto the leg of each participant. They then follow an activity regimen; some sit in the sun, some swim, some do nothing at all. Each SPOT is removed at a time interval, and the skin is swabbed to quantify the sunscreen on the skin. The test certifies that SPOT & skin show the same amount of sunscreen, and that the colour of SPOT is correct  for when the participant is protected vs not protected.

Our clinical trials showed SPOTMYUV indicated correctly (at the instant it was measured) 98% when it was time to reapply. The remaining 2% of cases showed it was time to reapply 20 minutes later. 

In the clinical trials mentioned above, there is a subset of participants wearing stickers and swimming at the same time. Each time interval, the adhesion of each SPOT is noted.

Our clinical trials showed that <2% of SPOTMYUV stickers had any edges lifting after more than 2 hours of continuous swimming. All SPOTMYUV stickers adhered to the participants; none were lost.

The skin of each participant is monitored during all of our clinical trials and the participants were asked to report any signs of tanning or burning on the day of and days following the tests they did with SPOTMYUV. 

No participant noted any tan lines or burning, despite all participants having fair skin (type 1-3 skin type). We personally have never seen a tan line when using SPOTMYUV - as long as you reapply when it shows purple!